Deal Angling Club (1919) pier cabin to re-open

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deal Angling Club (1919) pier cabin to re-open

Post  Dave Chamberlain on Sun May 01, 2011 10:18 am

After many months of closure the club’s pier cabin will finally be opened for members. The deck and leaks have been fixed and it will be an asset for anglers to have a brew or shelter from the weather.

However, the interior will need a good paint up as well as the exterior needing some creosote slapped on. The question is ………. Is there any members out there who are willing to form a work party (with paint provided by the club) to spruce it up? Anybody interested please phone the president, Pat Heath.

Dave Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Re: Deal Angling Club (1919) pier cabin to re-open

Post  Nick Hedges on Sun May 01, 2011 12:25 pm

That's good news Dave.

I will have a word with Colin see if he's up for it.

One question i have though, there are certain members that use this facility that seem to think they have priority to the hut and that corner of the pier, and normally pressure other anglers out the way. (seen it with my own eyes) what rights do the members have with the hut and the pier ?

Dartford & District Angling Preservation Society

Nick Hedges

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Chamberlain on Sun May 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Nick Hedges wrote:

One question i have though, there are certain members that use this facility that seem to think they have priority to the hut and that corner of the pier, and normally pressure other anglers out the way. (seen it with my own eyes) what rights do the members have with the hut and the pier ?

Anybody who has paid a pier fishing ticket has as much right to fish on any part of the pier as the next person. ‘1919 corner’ is only named because of the cabin, however, that area is not exclusive to club members. It is first there – first served for all anglers!

The use of the cabin is for all paid up members, and if challenged you should produce your membership card as proof. Keys are obtainable for a fee and there might still be lockers available also. Give Pat a phone for more details.

Dave Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hedges on Sun May 01, 2011 1:36 pm

Thanks for that Dave, clarify's a few things

Dartford & District Angling Preservation Society

Nick Hedges

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top